Is your cat crying because of a health issue?
Do cats cry due to health issues? Illnesses (such as thyroid or kidney disease) can cause cat crying.
With so many reasons for cat crying, it’s important that pet parents be aware of their feline’s
mental, physical, and emotional states. A cat who is sick or injured can’t just say, “It hurts when
[and] here,” but if your cat is excessively crying there is a reason, and it could be a medical
issue. Dr. Jean Duddy, DVM, indicates that an escalation of a cat crying can be a real cause for
If you think your cat is crying, check him out:
- Pass your hand over his body (checking for any wounds, lesions, and lumps).
- Check his mouth, nose, and eyes for discharge.
- Make sure he’s breathing normally.
- Examine his private parts for anything unusual.
- Investigate his litter box.
Is he or she intact?
Please open the next page to continue reading